This is a guide to making your Spotify playlist private. It'll walk you through what settings you should change in order to keep your music from showing up on other people's playlists. You'll also learn how to make your account so that only you can see the songs inside of it.
Here’s How To Make A Playlist Private
If you're someone who likes to keep their taste in music to themselves, you may be wondering how to make a playlist private on Spotify. Luckily, it's easy to do! Here's a step-by-step guide:
1. Open the Spotify app and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the "Your Library" tab in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Select "Playlists" from the menu that appears.
4. Click the playlist that you want to make private
5. Click on the three dots near the big green play button. Looks like "..."
5. On the menu that appears, find the option that says "Make Private" or if you're on mobile, "Make Secret."
6. Click "Save."
That's all there is to it! Now your playlist is private and only visible to you when you're logged in to your Spotify account.
How to Share Playlists with Friends
Spotify is a great way to share music with friends. You can create playlists and share them with anyone you want. Here's how to do it:
1. Go to your playlist and click the share button.
2. Copy the link that appears.
3. Paste the link into an email or chat window. Your friend will be able to see the playlist and listen to it if they have Spotify.
How to Change Privacy Settings
If you're someone who loves music and uses Spotify to listen to your favorite tunes, you may want to keep your playlists private. After all, not everyone wants to share their musical taste with the world. Luckily, Spotify makes it easy to change the privacy settings on your playlists so that only you can see them. Here's how:
1. Log in to your Spotify account and click on the "Profile" tab in the upper-right corner.
2. Click on the "Edit Profile" button and scroll down to the "Privacy" section.
3. Under "Who can see your playlists?", select "Only Me".
4. Scroll down and click on the "Save" button to save your changes.
Now, only you will be able to see your Spotify playlists when you log in to your account. If you ever want to change this setting back or allow other people to see your playlists, simply follow these steps again and select the appropriate option under "Who can see your playlists?"
Other Ways to Keep Your Playlists Private
In addition to the steps outlined in the article, there are a few other ways you can keep your Spotify playlists private.
One way is to create a playlist and then set it to "Private" in the settings. To do this, go to the playlist page, click on the three dots next to the playlist name, and select "Edit" from the drop-down menu. From here, you can toggle the "Public" switch to "Private."
Another way to keep your Spotify playlists private is to make use of Spotify's Family Plan feature. With this feature, you can create a separate account for each family member and set different privacy settings for each account. For example, you could make your own account public while keeping your kids' accounts private.
Finally, you can also use third-party apps to keep your Spotify playlists private. Apps like Playlist Converter and Exportify let you export your Spotify playlists as text files, which you can then save or share however you want. These apps also let you import playlists from other sources (like iTunes), so they're a good way to keep all your music in one place.
How Playlister.Club Can Help Manage Your Playlists
With Playlister.Club, you’ll get access to state-of-the art tools to manage your playlists, connect with thousands of emerging artists, network with leading playlisters and showcase your curation skills. Simply put, Playlister.Club gives you the most powerful tools to better manage your playlists so you can focus on what's really important, discovering new music! Sign up today and you’ll be met with a personalized feed of new releases that you can freely explore. Different carousels, “Songs with Good Playlistability,” “Trending Artists” and even “Tracks from Labels” highlight important sections you may be interested in diving further into. Learn how to best explore this page and find your favorite new release!